Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Apr 22 15 3:02 AM

I tried hard to work out a way to include a warband of just seven dwarves, but gave up in the end…

ArjenL: No, nothing about GM-driven scenarios, but the new scenarios I've written have plenty of scope for narrative/storytelling, in the same style as Lion Rampant. There's nothing to stop you creating your own GM-driven scenarios however!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Apr 22 15 3:33 AM

Just finished reading the german novel series "The Dwarves" from Markus Heitz, and i looking forward to the upcoming ruleset.
Maybe i start some Fantasy playing again, even if i said a few years ago "never again" ;)

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

May 1 15 4:11 PM

Fantasy wargame overload?

I've been away from the forum a while, and look what happens -  a new set of rules I knew nothing about, only a few days after hearing about another fantasy set with its roots in a historical game (I refer of course to the new Saga Revenants limited edition boxed set, arguably not a new set of rules as such, but with a similar concept to DR as far as I can tell) and a completely new set of fantasy rules from Osprey with a matching range of figures from North Star: Frostgrave, if I'm not mistaken, which is currently being advertised in the wargames press. You just can't afford to take your eye off the ball, can you? I'm not complaining, but it would be nice if someone took pity on those of us who haven't yet played any of the parent games. Does anyone else ever feel swamped?

For what it's worth, I haven't been entirely idle, having finally bought a copy of Donnybrook, which I'm currently reading, and, as ever, thinking of tinkering with. I really ought to play it first, though.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

May 13 15 6:35 AM

Hey Dan, quick question regarding basing...

Will the Heroes and Flyers (for example) be mounted on larger bases? In LR (and with DR) i've gone with basing minis on Renedra 25mm rounds (because I have a ton of them!) and I've got some 40mm rounds I've saved for future use. Just wanna get a jump on gathering my stuff for when the rulebook drops... image

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

May 22 15 2:45 AM

Hi there, after finding Dragon Rampant mentioned on a blog my friends and I have been checking out Lion Rampant. It looks so interesting that I reached out to RPE about what they have of the old Heartbreaker fantasy range so I can round out a collection of Chaz Elliot Elfs and have it ready when DR ships.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#28 [url]

Jun 2 15 6:57 AM

Well it's happened...the missus is now interested in this game! image

So, since she's a huge GoT and Daenerys fan, we'd like to know how Dragons work in the game. Will they be similar to large units (i.e, Giants) only faster? 

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Jun 20 15 4:33 AM

Andrew McGuire wrote:
I've been away from the forum a while, and look what happens - a new set of rules I knew nothing about, only a few days after hearing about another fantasy set with its roots in a historical game (I refer of course to the new Saga Revenants limited edition boxed set, arguably not a new set of rules as such, but with a similar concept to DR as far as I can tell) and a completely new set of fantasy rules from Osprey with a matching range of figures from North Star: Frostgrave, if I'm not mistaken

Don't forget Warband! Although this is taking the opposite approach of starting in fantasy, and possibly moving into historical...

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/MattofMunslow/warband%20review_zpswhic8hzn.jpeg

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Jun 28 15 12:22 AM

Hello! I've been really liking Lion Rampant, and my local historical club here in San Diego, CA, USA, seems to like it as well.

As far as fantasy goes, I know the rules are not due until December. I was hoping for some guidance for retinues, specifically undead. Will they be similar to Lion Rampant - 6 and 12 figures per unit?

Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jun 28 15 2:42 AM

Basically, yes.

There are options for reduced model or single model units too, but the 6/12 strength is still a core part of the rules. I'll be publishing some sample armies on my blog a bit closer to publication to give examples.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help