Remove this ad

Lead

May 6 16 9:10 AM

Tags : :

As a newcomer to LR and DR world, i try to introduce the rules into my club. But one of my club partner would like to know why the numbers of dice thrown in a fight (Shoot or H.t.H) are not equal to the numbers of living figurines in the unit, like , for example, why a 8 foot serjeants unit doen't throw 8 dice...He find this more logical than the 12 / 6 dice system.

May be Dan, can explain his Choice about that.

thank you for your help

Eric
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

May 8 16 10:49 AM

nervisfr wrote:
As a newcomer to LR and DR world, i try to introduce the rules into my club. But one of my club partner would like to know why the numbers of dice thrown in a fight (Shoot or H.t.H) are not equal to the numbers of living figurines in the unit, like , for example, why a 8 foot serjeants unit doen't throw 8 dice...He find this more logical than the 12 / 6 dice system.

May be Dan, can explain his Choice about that.

thank you for your help

Eric

I think Dan made a suggestion somewhere on these boards that you could easily divide the number of attacks by the figures in unit and go from there; so a unit of Foot men At Arms would lose two attacks each time a model was removed as a casualty. Easy-peasy! If something a simple as that is keeping your friends from enjoying LR then I would go ahead and do it.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 10 16 8:47 AM

It would have a marked effect on the game. Once things get low enough it will be impossible to score any hits. At present it also means your combat power is preserved with two steps. You can take losses but don't lose combat ability. So combined with the battered/routing rules it prevent the whole battle grinding to a halt.

Did you every play old editions of Warhammer? Combats could degrade to such an extent that you would have units reduced to rumps and battling indefinitely with very little chance of scoring any hits. It stops that whole grinding slug fest from developing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

May 11 16 8:51 AM

Many thanks for your answers.
the actual system (12 or 6 dice) is based on the Armour class system.

So if someone want to use the "1 die per figurine solution" (still in the unit) there is the need to change the original LR armour system, which won't work went the unit will lose too many troopers.
A 8 men unit, can't kill 3 knights of armour 4 class, (but only 2) even if all the members make a hit.

So why not change this into a save throw for armour class instead ?
Like WH games, if i remember well.
Throw 1 die for each hit, received by the unit, on the Armour class.
For a MMA with Armour 4, that give us : 
From 1 to 4, no hit confirmed.
to 5 - 6, the hit is a true kill.

and so on

Does it's could work ?
Does anyone try this kind of changes ?

Cheers
Eric

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 11 16 10:42 AM

It could work but it changes the game massively - it makes better to hit rolls way better and reduces the value of armour.

It also entails one more set of rolls to resolve a combat so I see no reason to try it.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 12 16 12:39 PM

It's up to you but I think this would have a considerable impact on the game. If the combat system is such a massive issue for your club, perhaps try another ruleset instead?

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

May 13 16 4:11 AM

SteveBurt wrote:
Using saving rolls is a lot slower than the current system, which is simple, elegant and fast.

I don't think to throw some more dice will slow the game and waste our time.image
We have time to play and not run by a timing in our club's local. 

Eric

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help