Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 2 17 2:43 PM

Tags : : , ,

Hiya folks,

A quick question about the "At The Double" Action:

When do you dice for the extra movement distance?
Do I:
A) declare action - roll for leadership check - move normal move - dice for extra distance - move rest
OR
B) declare action - roll for leadership test - roll for extra distance - move total?

Obviously this can make a HUGE difference! Lets say I have a Zulu Tribal Infantry nicely Gone To Ground just outside the short range of some pesky Redcoats - I obviously would like to give them a close up demonstration of my spear wielding prowess. If option B above and I dont roll 4+ on my extra movement I will dally about at long range and try again next turn - If option A above I could be left redfaced at close range as I fail to make the distance and can look forward to an exhibition of modern marksmanship!

This has perplexed us and seperated us into two distinct camps - please help!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 7 17 6:44 AM

We use your B. Actually we throw an extra (different coloured) dice along with the 2 for the test to save time!

Don't forget the rule change for Regulars, limiting the number of consecutive At The Double moves.

Hope it helps.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 8 17 12:04 PM

We use B but use the full move towards the enemy, even if you do not reach them. If a unit has activated for an Attack no-one in my gaming circle would dream of "dallying about at long range", the unit is rushing forward at full pelt so doing anything else would be considered extremely "cheesy".

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 10 17 7:04 AM

I think if a unit is ordered to move 'At the double' it *must* move the full distance.
Otherwise it isn't obeying the order.
So the answer is, makes no difference when you roll the dice - if you pass the order roll, you must move the full distance.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help