Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 9 17 5:18 AM

Tags : :

Gallopers (A) wild charge an opposing unit of gallopers (B) who successfully roll to counter charge. Both receive 1 casualty and both pass the morale test. Which has to retreat? As the rules state that the attacker must retreat in this situation the A unit retreated, so this means B (the winner) must follow up and there is a second melee with the B unit using its attack value and A using its defend value.
Is this what is meant to happen? My opponent's unit was A, mine was B. He accepted this result as he thought we had followed the rule's intention. I was not so sure. He argued that unit B had to pass the counter charge test to have a chance. On the other hand if the B unit did not pass this test but somehow still inflicted the same casualties the result would have been the same. Maybe he was right. Do others think this is the intention of the rule?  
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 9 17 7:39 AM

Hi

Glad that you asked that question as it probably is a tricky situation to sort out for more players. You played it out compleetly right by the rules and the intention of them. As the "Defender" had counter-charged he had to follow-up when the "Attacker" retreated.

At Page 40 in the rules you can find this section "=9ptIt cannot follow up more than once per turn, and may only follow up if it was the Attacking unit or made a Counter-Charge." stating that if the "Defender" havent succéded in his Counter-charge but still won/draw the combat the "Defender" would not have been alowed to Followers-up as he wasn´t Attacking or Counter-Charging.

Best regards Michael

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help