Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 12 17 6:47 AM

Tags : :

Hello everybody, New player for the game and forum, just learning the rules and feeling good. I have two 10mm warmaster armies (empire and goblinoinds) under the bed. They are wonderful for me. They never got painted because the rules didn't hang with my players mates then. Just wondering if I could field them to play with dragon rampart rules. Infantry units will be three bases with 4 SP each base, and cavalry three bases with 2 SP each base. I see no problem with that. Altough I know there is no formations on lion rampart, my idea is to make a "line formation" with the three bases of a unit and borrow a phrase from Neal Thomas "one hour wargames": "units turn by pivoting on their central point. They may do so at the start and/or end of they move". But there is a problem with the bases. Infantry are 3 40x20 mm (120 mm front) and cavalry 20x40 mm (60 mm front). Altough the two "non leader" bases will be within 3" of the "leader" base, infantry will double the front of the cavalry. I do not know if this difference in frontage will affect the rules too much. Any toughts?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 12 17 10:22 AM

Don't know about using them in DR but quite a few ex-Warmaster players are using Pendraken Miniatures rules called "Warband" and Pendraken make sabot bases that allow you to group your bases into units.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help