Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 3 17 5:50 AM

Tags : : , , ,

I was thinking about including rules for war machines in DR. I red the optional rules for artillery written by Dan in the LR Forum, but as he said, these rules are for a period where black powder was an exception.

What about universes where this technology is habitual? I am thinking in rules to represent vehicles such as the Da Vinci's tank, or some warmachines of Old Warhammer as the Imperial Steam Tank or the Skaven machinery. 

First, I used the Greater Warbeast profile, but how a vehicle is going to tend to charge an enemy with a ferocious charge? Also, 6 wounds look very short for a raging machine... I also used the profile of Heavy Missiles with Venomous special rule, but they are quite weak.... Perhaps, inventing a profile to specify strength and resistence, but a mechanical mindless unit not used to attack in combat an enemy....

Have you think about that before? Do you use some rules to show it?

What profile would you suggest?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 3 17 10:03 AM

Greater Warbeast with ranged attack seems like a perfect fit for the Steam Tank. It still has Armour 4 so won't take that much damage when attacked. It just needs something making it immune to arrows and that it can't cross obstacles or enter rough ground.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 5 17 3:31 PM

Greater Warbeast is the obvious rule. But, do you think that a range of 12" is enought? To make it immune to arrows could use the rule Invisible, and the rules of chariots can be taken from the Heavy Riders. 

I suggest a profile like this:

WARMACHINE
Warmachine represents any fantastic raging machine prepared to crush the enemy wherever it found him. 

UNIT NAME WarmachinePOINTS      6      
Attack7+Attack value3+
Move6+Defence value6
Shoot6+Shoot value5+/18"
Courage3+Max. Movement 10"
Armour4Strength Points6

SPECIAL RULES
  • Rolling: Unit may not enter rough terrain or cross walls, ditches, or similar.
  • Best Defense is Good Ofense: Shoot value is removed and replaced with Attack 5+.
  • Any 'Fantastical Rules', except Spellcaster, Summoner and Cleric/Slayer.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 8 17 1:08 AM

I used Heavy Riders with missiles for my DaVinci armoured car in my army (constrained by points total) . Invisible chariots looks the better option but foot speed seems more appropriate

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help